Fearfully & Wonderfully Made

Hello there!

If any of you are following my fitness Instagram account {link here, in case you're wondering} , you know that I've been working hard this past year to get to a new heathy self. I'm on a program called Weight Watchers and have found tons of success with it. I've started working out regularly, eating healthier, and actually loving my body for what it is now, not what I hope for it to be.

I can't tell you how many times in my life I've tried losing weight and fell off the bandwagon. Countless times. Each time, I was determined for about a week or so, lost motivation, then sunk lower than I had been before. The constant swinging of emotions was exhausting.

I come from a family where both my mom and dad's sides aren't naturally petite. We love to eat, drink, and have a good time. Because of our habits and genes, we have to work at being healthy. So let me start off by saying, losing weight for someone with my genetics and habits isn't easy, whatsoever.

This past year, I've grown in tons of ways. As many of you know, my body image and self worth is something I've struggled with my whole life. But within this year, I've been able to overcome a lot of that and truly love myself for the way God designed me to be. It takes work, let me tell you. It is hard to ignore all of the lies being fed to you about your body and weight.

Once I started actually loving myself {S/O to my main man Jesus for giving a girl strength}, beginning this healthy lifestyle thing became a little easier than before. Something about this time compared to ever other was different. I'm realizing I'm not just doing this for me. There are other people on the line that {hopefully} will be affected positively.

I want nothing more than to be that mom/wife that get's to do "baby yoga" or do daily walks/exercise with my family. I want to be able to bring them hiking, go on adventures, play in the backyard with them, etc. Not only that, but I want to raise my kids for success. I would hope they learn to love their body and embrace their individuality while living their best life staying active, eating right, and being kids. {but I'm not going to be that mom that serves her children tofu nuggets or weird-ass kale treats. They're gonna eat ice cream, don't worry.} I pray I can best serve my husband in the way any Catholic wife does. Something as simple as cleaning the house can be difficult if I'm out of shape. If anything, I want my kids and husband to live without fear of what they look like. I want them to feel nothing but loved.

Not only that, but for myself, I have the strongest desire to serve the Lord in any way possible. If I hope to go out and serve overseas on mission trips, own a small coffee shop, become a mom, etc., I won't be able to live out my vocation if I'm not nourishing my body and feeding it what it needs and deserves. Our bodies are temples. God so beautifully designed us and it's our responsibility to upkeep what he gave us.

It's been such a journey, that's for sure. I love getting creative with my food, workouts, etc. But heck, I'd be lying if I said I never indulge. If I want a burger and fries, heck, I'm going to get out there and find the best burger and fries in the whole world and enjoy every single bite. And probably add a beer or two on the side. It's a beautiful process worth every minute!

I'm so blessed to have the body Jesus gave me. I wouldn't trade who I am or what I look like for anything in the world. God is a designer and I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ultimate Gift

Spiritual Numbness

Adulthood and New Transitions